I didnt realize just how bad it was until the other day!

We have an XP upstairs and i use IE7 when im on that one and it has EVERY TOOLBAR enabled and looks disgusting!!! (Yahoo,Norton,etc)

I uncheck "lock toolbar" and then hide all the xtra garbage then click "lock toolbar" again.

Then i open a new tab OR close it all together and restart it and ALL THE TOOLBARS ARE BACK!! (My customization didnt hold) I have tried it 3 times aleady......

What a piece of crap...... (Im surprised the PHISHING FILTER remains disabled)

/rant over

Sturm commented: tata -1
joshSCH commented: Sturm told me to ;-) -2

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

IE What !!!lol ,Its' developed with Chinese torture in mind

Hehehe

Internet Explorer 7 works excellent and is a much-needed upgrade to the IE 6 series. In particular, tabbed browsing is nice, its performance is good, and it actually looks half-decent. The fact that you had so many problems with it is probably because a) you don't know how to use it and/or b) your computer is crap. Version 8 is supposedly standards-compliant, which is good news for the majority of us who like Microsoft's web browser. Of course, I still prefer Mozilla due to the additional features it provides, but it's getting closer now.

I dont know why i cant close all the toolbars then on it...... (They keep opening on the next start of IE7)

Ah well........

I just did a fresh install of winxp pro sp3 pre release [selling computer so i don't care ],,ie 6 errors out ,i assume because of sp3,i load ie7, works ok ,now top half of web page www. msn.ca wants to be my home page ,i click yes ,next time i start it wants to install ie 7 Special Pack or something with live search /tool bars and more ,did all that just to get rid of top msn page .annoying get it now add. oh well good luck to new owner !lol

In IE7 Click Tools > Internet Options > Programs tab > click Manage Add-ons.

In the Manage Add-Ons window, look through the list for (all instances) of the toolbars that you want removed and click Disable.

You can always put these back later if needed.

caperjackYour attitude of not caring is a bit troubling.

Thank you for that my friend.

Thank you for that my friend.

Very welcome.

Internet Explorer 7 works excellent and is a much-needed upgrade to the IE 6 series. In particular, tabbed browsing is nice, its performance is good, and it actually looks half-decent. The fact that you had so many problems with it is probably because a) you don't know how to use it and/or b) your computer is crap. Version 8 is supposedly standards-compliant, which is good news for the majority of us who like Microsoft's web browser. Of course, I still prefer Mozilla due to the additional features it provides, but it's getting closer now.

I stoped using IE like 3 years ago. Just recently because of university project I been forced to use it. Main reason is that there is better support for xForms (new standard for online form validation & submition), then firefox. However using IE7 is not exactly joy, often I get message for debuging after which all opened IE windows are close and I loose all pages containing relevant info on whatever I was working on. Also IE complains a lot about website plugins if they are not setup certain way, which does not happens with firefox.

Once this project is done I will remove IE from my pc.

Are you the main user? If not, the superuser settings might take precedence over yours.

If you are in a school or business setting, the sysops control such things.

If the computer has Deep Freeze installed, it resets everything back to standard settings when the computer is not being used.

I am running XP SP2 and I upgraded to IE 7 and had problems with freezing I removed that went back to IE 6 and now that is freezing. I disable all the plug-ins and still freezing.

HELLO
IE sucks full stop mate , to much agro & to many security problems.
Download firefox browser iv'e had it for bout 2 years , its 100 times faster and a 1000 times more secure

I wish it was so easy to switch. But I have to use it to access my MLS it is a requirement. Not sure what the problem is. Computer doesn't suck.

I didnt realize just how bad it was until the other day!

We have an XP upstairs and i use IE7 when im on that one and it has EVERY TOOLBAR enabled and looks disgusting!!! (Yahoo,Norton,etc)

I uncheck "lock toolbar" and then hide all the xtra garbage then click "lock toolbar" again.

Then i open a new tab OR close it all together and restart it and ALL THE TOOLBARS ARE BACK!! (My customization didnt hold) I have tried it 3 times aleady......

What a piece of crap...... (Im surprised the PHISHING FILTER remains disabled)

/rant over

you would have to close the browser after disabling the toolbars, then open again. also its best to disable those toolbars through the plugins console, tool >manage add ons

Shouldnt have to do that,i like IE6 much better :)

Thank you for your message though!

im sure there is a facility in firefox were you can switch from firefox to ie at the top of the firefox web browser.
For those desperate need for ie purposes.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.