I have installed XP SP2 on my pc but after installing, it seems I can't get into safe mode anymore. Does anyone encountered the same problem? Any idea how to fix this without reinstalling windows xp?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

cannot get into safe mode in xp,ive tried key f8 on booting but get no result only the normal windows start up

cannot get into safe mode in xp,ive tried key f8 on booting but get no result only the normal windows start up

so did you also just install sp2,you say just the normal windows startup ,does that mean that you can boot into winxp and everything works ok.
could be a keyboard problem ,are you tapping the f8 key over and over as soon as the computer starts booting /

did you see the age of this post.

so did you also just install sp2,you say just the normal windows startup ,does that mean that you can boot into winxp and everything works ok.
could be a keyboard problem ,are you tapping the f8 key over and over as soon as the computer starts booting /

did you see the age of this post.

yeah the thread is old but the last poster is new.Iam tired of telling people to start there own thread ,that administrators job.so i just ask a ?

thanks for the reply,
no sp2 was already in,everything works ok,and at startup i tap f8 continuosly whilst booting but only to get xp up,I am thinking it could be the keyboard as some things on it dont work,although ive gone thro the disc to re-install a time or two.
thanks frank derby uk.

thanks for the reply,
no sp2 was already in,everything works ok,.

you see you problem is not the same as the problem in the post you tagged ,so really you should have started a new thread of your own exxplaining you problem ,and yes it may well be a keyboard problem ,is the kb ps/2 or usb pluggin

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.