Ok Ive done it this time, and my wife may well kill me...

my wife took some photos of the daughters first day of kindergarten... you know riding the bus, pictures withe the new teacher all that....

and i loaded them in the laptop from the CF card...

then after loading them into a file like always, I deleted them from the CF card.....

then for what ever reason I was doing something and hit undo in the edit drop down on the tool bar, then next thing I know the pictures in the my pictures file I just made were gone....

from there they go to outer space I guess, and I cant get them on the CF CARD or the recycle bin etc....

did these files go somewhere that they can be recovered???? or are they lost forever...

I tried to run a data recover on the cf card but nothing found....

any help would be appreciated....

I wont use the CF card until I hear back.....

thanks in advance...

If I should just pack my bags now, that would also be good to know...

Dave...:eek:

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hey Dave, you're in luck! There are programs to recover deleted files. This is a free one that I have used with great success:

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/restoration.html

It is suppose to recover from media cards as well, but I haven't used it for that so I can't tell you whether it will work for that or not. But on your computer, it will recover them. Keep in mind, however, the more you use your computer, the less likely it will be that you will be able to retrieve the files/pictures uncorrupted. So do it as soon as possible. Also, the program will fit on a floppy disk if you can download it using another computer and then run it from the floppy.

Good luck!

thanks I will try that....

Well thank you SO much... yet again the help on this website in unsurpassed...

I downloaded the recomended file and first I tried to scan the hard drive for deleted files and got no where....

then I scanned the CF card, and bingo, bango... it showed all the files...and I undeleted them one by one back to the hard drive....

yeah, no sleeping outside tonight.....

of the 20+ photos I think 1 was marred, a bit of data was lost, all others were PERFECT....

I was hoping it was possible so after they were deleted I did not touch the CF unitl I figured what to do...

anyhow, Thanks Again..

David:cheesy:

You owe me, lol. Glad it worked for you; now I know it will really work for media cards too.

You owe me, lol. Glad it worked for you; now I know it will really work for media cards too.

yeah worked great....

Is there a similar doodad for the Mac platform???

yeah worked great....

...Only thing I've ever found for the Mac was an older Norton Utility program, and a REALLY older one from pre OS 6 days.

What did you do, just go on a deleting spree? ;)

Not that I'm aware of, but you could try posting that question in the Mac forum or do a Google search.

...Only thing I've ever found for the Mac was an older Norton Utility program, and a REALLY older one from pre OS 6 days.

What did you do, just go on a deleting spree? ;)

no I have a card reader and I transfered the photos to the computer, then I verified they were there, then I deleted the ones on the card... then I looked under the "edit" on the tool bar and it said undo... and I thought "Oh I wonder if that will put the pix back on the CF... well no actually to undid the copy to the file on the hard drive.... OOPS....

I guess this shows I need to back them up on DVD every so often... I mean first day of kindergarten and all....

too funny-now that I got them back... they were all perfect but one some of the data had shifted... and it wasnt an important shot....

thanks again for the help...

I reccoment this site ALL the time as every issue I have had has been fixed and quickly in most cases....its nice to have a concensus on the issues as well...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.