Hi i am 13 years old and i help my school with software but we just got new computers. the thing is when i try to download screen savers and programs they wont work it says the disk dont have enough space it has 32gb left the screen saver is like 1.5mb space. its like the computers dont want us to install anything. we got them from a company they only used them a day or to then they gave them to our school. It is a pentium 4(DELL!) not shure if anything has to do with it. im not shure what rong and all the computer tech. teachers cant figgure it out either. we need help can any1 answer this question well its time to go to class cya!

:o

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Maybe Because u have 2 partitions like C: and D: maybe C: has less space then D: or ves-versa not sure though

Which Windows version?

Sounds like it might be a permissions problem [although the error message doesn't suggest that]. Win2000 and probably XP can be setup so that only an Administrator can install programs. This would be a typical setting for a school, library or other public computing place where you don't want just anybody able to install or mess with system settings.

commented: really great, on-topic post +3

Which Windows version?

Sounds like it might be a permissions problem [although the error message doesn't suggest that]. Win2000 and probably XP can be setup so that only an Administrator can install programs. This would be a typical setting for a school, library or other public computing place where you don't want just anybody able to install or mess with system settings.

Definitely on point with this post, Mike.

What messages do you get when you try to install something?

check to make sure the disk quota is not enable.
to get there right click your Hard drive and go to properties.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.