What motherboard can support the easiest way to over clock your devices like ram, cpu, etc. Please list the motherboards information and specs, and where to get it from. Also, post your opinions and life experiences with over clocking, and tell how it worked out for you. I want to overclock, but i don't know where to start. Thanks!!!

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

i don't know where to start.

www.overclockers.com

i was going to delete this post because overclockers is sort of outdated , i just clicked around a bit ,i thought it was still up to date sorry .

how do you delete a post?

@ forumdude - He got the magic wand to wave any post off the site.

but why overclok when you can get top speed overclocking works best when you have a supercool system lots of fan with cool dry air flowing through the system
Overclocking generates almost twice the heat the unit is rated at.
Also if you are going to overclock ALWAYS use the manufacturer software then come with your board.
Another note overclocking works best for some things and will crash your system when running some programs. stuff like games will demand more from the processor and will cause it to heat faster thereby creating the potential for greater damage.

how do you delete a post?

you have a few minutes after posting to delete the post .i was going to delete my post not yours !

asus are one of the best manufactures for motherboard to be used for overclocking and the software/hardware implentation for overclockin is some of the best i have seen. I happily overclock my cpu by 20% giving me a 2.44 instead of a 2.2 just have a good cpu cooler that keeps the processor below 35 degrees!!

WOW,"giving me a 2.44 instead of a 2.2" what a increase .not to debunk overclocking but as always i don't get it ,i wouldn't notice any difference in performance with that increase .i just upped a 1.7 i had to 2.8 for $35.00 ,bough a used 2.8 and the board was capable of taking it .now that increase i noticed !

Also, post your opinions and life experiences with over clocking, and tell how it worked out for you.

don't overclock. period.

I want to overclock, but i don't know where to start. Thanks!!!

start by buying hardware that will not need overclocking

well wen its a dual core aswel you do notice an increase. There is a lot of negative views on overclocking most of them unfounded as long as you have adequate cooling its fine otherwise why would manufactures make the feature avilalble to you??

im only using p4 ,not dual core ,but when i do get the dual core i will leave it alone .not that ventures i guess

suppose overclocking isnt for some is all down to prefernce i guess there are many arguments for and agaisnt and its whether your willing to take a caculated risk! can be hard when you have just spent a few hundred quid on a new processor risk overclocking and blowing the component!!

well wen its a dual core aswel you do notice an increase. There is a lot of negative views on overclocking most of them unfounded as long as you have adequate cooling its fine otherwise why would manufactures make the feature avilalble to you??

because it is an advertised feature that helps sell those things. and if you read the fine print, in case of a serious failure caused it also voids the warranty, meaning more sales

I heard that many people overclock their Q6600 from 2.4ghz to 3.8ghz with only a thermaltake bigwater 760i water cooler!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.