...because I can't access bank a/c's, credit card logins, My eBay etc. Mostly it's the HTTPS sites, but not 100%. Have tried the solution posted May 2nd, 2005 (re HTTPS access error) about entering info (beginning - regsvr32) into DOS box. Didn't resolve the problem for me though. Have also tried everything that matt_peloguin tried (May 2nd, 2005). I have Windows XP installed. Have never had this issue before, but question whether an automatic windows download caused this glitch. Be warned - I am in no way computer trained or literate with this tecnology. All help & suggestions hungrily & warmly welcomed. Cheers.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Welcome To daniweb :)

Thanks for the welcome. I'm sure I'll learn lots. Cheers.

Hi Logo, Welcome to Daniweb:)

Moved.

Hi there. Ummm, could someone please tell me where my thread went? I realise I typed it into the wrong forum. My mistake. I'm not only a computer novice, I'm new to forums too. Many thanks.

Hi logo,

right up on the top of the screen, you will see the word welcome with your username next to it, click your username, another page will open. On the left side of the page, you will see a few links, one of them says "find all threads by logo". Click this link and you will see all the threads you have posted. Hope this helps:)

commented: Very impressive, polite, intellegent & patient person to work through problems with. A delight to deal with. +1

Thanks richie513. That helps a lot. Ta.

No worries, anytime:)

Woohoooo...I've found a solution to my problem (unable to access mostly HTTPS sites (eg bank & credit card a/c's, My eBay etc)). Neither IE or Firefox would work. I tried another less known browser & everything works again! I am sooo chuffed because I do not wear (proudly, I might add) the honourable badge of computer geek. I am totally without geek (sigh) but I got around this major issue. If any of you genuine computer talented geek type geniuses can tell me why this solution works, I shall bestow this on you... http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e185/Petitepower/Home%20picspicture3.jpg ...errr...that's meant to be a picture of a gold medal, but it didn't work. See what I mean???

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.