Help! I have been trying to set up a Raid on my system. I am using Nvidia software.
When I set the array up the system shows it as healthy but I am not given the option to
make the Raid bootable. In the boot status column it shows N/A. The Raid works however it will not boot from it even with a fresh OS install. Any thoughts?

I haveWindows XP pro. Asus *N32 SLI Deluxe Motherboard, Opteron 170 cpu. 1.5gbs of Ram. 2 500gb WD drives for the Raid.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

What kind of RAID?
Does your manual say to FDISK and Format the array? Have you done so?
These RAID controllers tend to suck, by the way, and you will be better off without a RAID setup, IMHO.

What kind of RAID?
Does your manual say to FDISK and Format the array? Have you done so?
These RAID controllers tend to suck, by the way, and you will be better off without a RAID setup, IMHO.

No it doesn't say anything about formating. I am trying to mirror for backup needs. It is a Nvidia controller. The bios sees the array and gives me an option for it to be a boot disk but
when you pull up the array in the utility the boot shows N/A with the boot set option grayed
out.

thanks

Thanks I will give it a try.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.