I'm using a laptop and I keep getting the message below whenever I try to put it on standby.

The device driver for the standard 101/102-key or microsoft natural ps/2 keyboard devise is prevening the machine from entering stanby. Please close all applicantions and try again. If the problem persists, you may need to update this driver.

Please help thank you for the help. :cheesy:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Something strange is also happening now. The touchpad is working and as far as i can tell the keyboard is too however the direction arrows right below the touch pad do not function now. Hmmm this is strange . Pls help

I'm using a laptop and I keep getting the message below whenever I try to put it on standby.

The device driver for the standard 101/102-key or microsoft natural ps/2 keyboard devise is prevening the machine from entering stanby. Please close all applicantions and try again. If the problem persists, you may need to update this driver.

Please help thank you for the help. :cheesy:

I fixed the initial problem regarding the computer not going on standby. Basically I uninstalled adobe manager and it fixed the problem. However I still cannot use my direction arrows below the touchpad. Does anyone have a clue? Here is a link to a pic of my Compaq presario 905 us. You can see the direction arrows I'm talking about right below the touchpad.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00006LHEK/002-5055320-9201621?v=glance&s=pc&n=602284&me=standard&vi=pictures&img=14#more-pictures

Something strange is also happening now. The touchpad is working and as far as i can tell the keyboard is too however the direction arrows right below the touch pad do not function now. Hmmm this is strange . Pls help

You might want to ask that last question in the Hardware forum. Do you have a DOS boot disk that you can boot from, and perhaps test from there?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.