Is there an easy (and free) way to copy just the audio portion of an .flv file to another file?

Or is there a way to get PowerPoint to play just the audio portion of an .flv file.

A co-worker made an .flv video of an event on campus. I want to use just the soundtrack from it in my slideshow, but the only copy of the file is in .flv format. Because there is some objectionable material (a tasteless student prank) visible in the background, I don't want to use the video portion.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Nobody knows this?

you could try recording the audio as the movie is showing, with the standard audio recorder from windows, and then convert it to say an mp3 to save diskspace.

There should be more then 1 solution for that

Two questions:

1. How do I route the audio to the sound recorder?

2. How do I keep the two processes from interrupting each other and stopping the film from playing, putting gaps in the recording?

Ehm, my dad used some free recording software when he was streaming audio from an online radio, I'll ask him as soon as i see him.

And the processes interrupting each other shouldn't really be that much of a problem... i think :/

Two questions:

1. How do I route the audio to the sound recorder?

2. How do I keep the two processes from interrupting each other and stopping the film from playing, putting gaps in the recording?

if you have a mic ,put it near the speaker to record it when playing the taste less video .

I got it, but I couldn't get it with the Windows sound recorder.

To get it in time for my presentation, I did the quickest thing I could think of: I hooked a stand-alone CD recorder to the audio output of the PC and recorded the meeting on that. Then I put the CD in the CD-ROM drive and ripped it.

Today I played around, and found that the capability of recording from the FLV player is present in my Magix Audio Studio. But it took a good hour of going through the documentation to find the settings to do it.

My problem was not a lack of basic knowledge of how to make a recording, but finding out where they hid the settings to do it.

Is there an easy (and free) way to copy just the audio portion of an .flv file to another file?

Or is there a way to get PowerPoint to play just the audio portion of an .flv file.

A co-worker made an .flv video of an event on campus. I want to use just the soundtrack from it in my slideshow, but the only copy of the file is in .flv format. Because there is some objectionable material (a tasteless student prank) visible in the background, I don't want to use the video portion.

An article to tell you how to put a Flash video (youtube, Myspace) onto PowerPoint with step-by-step instruction.
http://www.sameshow.com/ppt2flash/how-to-insert-flv-to-powerpoint.html

Hi,

There is an useful article about how to insert flv video to PowerPoint. It supplies free ways to help you insert it to PowerPoint with step-by-step illustrations.
http://www.sameshow.com/ppt2flash/how-to-insert-flv-to-powerpoint.html#110

Hope it helps.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.