I was having trouble with my monitor, after installing a new system, I turned something off in the monitor advanced section, something like use system I disabled it, and now after restart the monitor doesnt show anything.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

see if you can go to safe mode and set correct setting .
get to safe mode by hitting f8 on boot up ,start hitting it as soon as you start computer and keep hitting it until you get to screen to chose safe mode .then arrow up to the top to chose safe mode .

Thanks for the quick reply, I can start in safe mode, but as soon as it gets passed that, I dont see anything on the monitor, so I cant go in and change any settings back.

sorry , only answer i have ,maybe someone else will have a suggestion .

richhar, please boot your system and keep tapping F8 for advance boot options. And select Disable Automatically Restart option. If there is any error (blue screen or something) .. please let us know..

Thanks for the advice, I actually re-installed the system, its back now. Thanks

Now that you are up and running you have to remember what is it that you did the last time to cause this black screen

Now that you are up and running you have to remember what is it that you did the last time to cause this black screen

looks to me like they disabled this device , in the monitor advanced settings ,no wonder it caused a black screen , right click on your desktop ,go properties /settings/advanced /monitor /properties .disable this device .my thought anyway ,if it was that would be a no-no

yes you are right, thats exactly what I did. I was trying anything because my screen image was massive and I couldnt choose another resolution. I am trying to fine the driver for my monitor or video card, no luck at the moment.
Cheers for the advice.

yes you are right, thats exactly what I did. I was trying anything because my screen image was massive and I couldnt choose another resolution. I am trying to fine the driver for my monitor or video card, no luck at the moment.
Cheers for the advice.

thought so ,you don't need or shouldn't need drivers for the monitor .as for video drivers ,i use Everest to show me what stuff is built into my computer [and others as i fix and reload a lot of computer .]Everest can be found on www.filehippo.com, middle of the page near the bottom in the benchmark section

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.