Help! I am freaking out right now. I have a ridiculous amount of work to do today, and in the middle of it all, I cannot get to any of my mail.

When I open Microsoft Outlook, the Outlook Today screen appears and a little bubble appears near the system tray saying that Outlook did not close properly last time.

I am able to click on my Junk Email folder and Sent Items folder. However, whenever I click on the Inbox (it tells me I have 33 new emails), I get an error message saying that it cannot display the folder. Errors have been detected in the file << location to my Outlook.pst file >>. Quit Outlook and all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file.

I searched my entire computer and cannot find a file called scanpst.exe.

I was able to eventually find the scanpst.exe file in the Program Files x86 directory, as opposed to the regular Program Files directory. (Who woulda thunk that MS didn't make Outlook 2007 native to Vista 64 bit?) Strange that doing a computer-wide search didn't turn up the file. It all works now.

i have got the same problem. i did the same way you did but it get stuck at 44% and nothing happens. not it dont even let me open the outlook rather just show the error that outlook.pst is corrupted. please guide

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.