Yes, there was a couple threads about this. However, they won't work. I have been searching up solutions for hours and days now however none will work. One reason; 'cause my dad's computer won't open up the Task Manager. I have tried Ctrl + Alt + Del and Ctrl + Shift + Esc. Although they do work on my sister's laptop. I cannot right click on the computer also. All that just appears is this error pop up.

Before the task bar and the icons have disappeared for a few seconds and reappear but I have not noticed the reason why until I shut off the computer and the next morning tried to open it.

So Any solutions, tips, advice?

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

ok first what type of errors are you seeing, write them down and post them. as far as opening the task manager, if you cant click start because of no task bar try pressing the key between the crtl and alt buttons its the one with the windows icon on it, then you can go to the control panel and click on the windows task manager icon.

while you are in the control panel you can also click on the tasbar and menu icon and see if the auto-hide taskbar box is checked.

ok first what type of errors are you seeing, write them down and post them. as far as opening the task manager, if you cant click start because of no task bar try pressing the key between the crtl and alt buttons its the one with the windows icon on it, then you can go to the control panel and click on the windows task manager icon.

while you are in the control panel you can also click on the tasbar and menu icon and see if the auto-hide taskbar box is checked.

It says:
"Run time error '5'

Invalid procedure call or arguement"

And the start button doesn't work.

a couple of things you might want to try is to boot into safe mode and try to run your antivirus and anti spyware software or you could also try to do a system restore to a time before the computer started to act up.

a couple of things you might want to try is to boot into safe mode and try to run your antivirus and anti spyware software or you could also try to do a system restore to a time before the computer started to act up.

How am I suppose to run any antivirus and spyware if I can't access anything. I don't think I even have some on my dad's computer because they were useless as they cannot kill any viruses. Plus, trying to boot into safe mode won't work, tried before, just freezes the whole computer. Also, I don't know how to open up system restore if I cannot access task manager.

I ment for you to try and run the software when you were in safe mode, but you said safe mode wont work thats ok lets try somthing else

ok, if you hit the button on the keyborard between the Crtl and Alt buttons (it's the one with the windows icon on it) does the start menu show anywhere.

I ment for you to try and run the software when you were in safe mode, but you said safe mode wont work thats ok lets try somthing else

ok, if you hit the button on the keyborard between the Crtl and Alt buttons (it's the one with the windows icon on it) does the start menu show anywhere.

Nope, Nada.

what kind of computer is it

what kind of computer is it

Windows XP.

ok, what brand who made it

I have to leave I'll be back in a few hours

ok, what brand who made it

I have to leave I'll be back in a few hours

Uhh, I think it's ViewSonic, Intel, or Asus.. I don't know much about my dad's computer

do you know where he bought the computer

Uhh, I think it's ViewSonic, Intel, or Asus.. I don't know much about my dad's computer

ViewSonic, makes monitors , Intel, Intel,makes processors or Asus, Asus makes computers ,among other things same for all of them .
so it sounds like you Dad has a Asus Computer with Intel inside ,and a nice View sonic monitor .and a nice big Virus ,that a number of free antivirus program could have stopped ,if one had been installed ,time to take computer in for repair .

my icons are white with an errow going threw it but it wont let you click on it

Hi,
You have opened a very old thread, open your own thread and give a lot more information about your problem and your PC and then someone will be able to help you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.