I have a PC with Windows Xp. It takes about two hours to get to the point where the destop should pop up. Just before it does, errors pop up saying that system32 files are missing and debug and sysevent and a bunch of other files are missing. That's when it restarts again.

A windows XP cd never came with my computer, just a System restore cd. When I try and use the cd to wipe my computer and re-install everything again it says "a major system error has occured" and it won't go any further. I hit retry and it just keeps popping up over and over.

Is there anything I can do to restore thesed missing files? I know fixboot can do it but I can't get to it from my system cd.

Please please please help me. My comps been like this for two months now and I've ran out of ideas.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

fixboot ,won't replace the missing or corrupt system file .your best bet is to reinstall windows ,but first you need to format the drive ,you should be able to boot to the recovery cd ,missing system files should have nothing to do with doing a recovery ,i think it time to take it to someone who know more about computers and your problem

fixboot ,won't replace the missing or corrupt system file .your best bet is to reinstall windows ,but first you need to format the drive ,you should be able to boot to the recovery cd ,missing system files should have nothing to do with doing a recovery ,i think it time to take it to someone who know more about computers and your problem

Thats exactly what i was hoping you wouldn't say. ha ha. Oh well . Everything costs money i guesse.

Thats exactly what i was hoping you wouldn't say. ha ha. Oh well . Everything costs money i guesse.

yeah ,its impossible for anyone here to help you as you don't have a winxp cd,to do the repair needed to recover the system files just a recovery cd, and you say that will not boot ,so not much else to do but put it in the hands of someone who know more !

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.