I have pruchased a e-book (text book for training) which is a PDF document with security settings that stop you from cutting and pasting. I tried to use adobe acrobat 8 pro to change these settings, but I need a password to change the security settings. I think it is unfortunate that I have purchased the book and cannot copy paste items for my own study notes.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

your only choice is to use a password cracker to crack the password and unlock the e-book

Or you could use a program such as omni-page to convert the pdf to text and then copy from that, however it may be easier just to type the stuff. there are many programs that can convert scans and pdf's to text.

I have pruchased a e-book (text book for training) which is a PDF document with security settings that stop you from cutting and pasting. I tried to use adobe acrobat 8 pro to change these settings, but I need a password to change the security settings. I think it is unfortunate that I have purchased the book and cannot copy paste items for my own study notes.

You could also try saving it as a text or Word document. It won't be perfect, but it should be enough for studying.

that do look good dude. i might end up using that one sometime.

Of course, all these suggestions are illegal.

And for you to even ask how to change the COPYRIGHT protection of the author suggests that you are looking to do something illegal with the book.

SHAME ON YOU.

Not to mention it's just lazy of you not to write your notes but have to cut & paste. Really??? It's that's difficult for you.

Not to mention it's just lazy of you not to write your notes but have to cut & paste. Really??? It's that's difficult for you.

hi, you are right of course but this thread is over 3yrs old

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.