Hey. I upgraded to Windows Vista, and recently been having some problems with it. I've come to you guys before and you have fixed problems in the past for me, so I hope you can help out this time too.

The first problem is a internet connection problem. At random times, my internet disconnects and it can't reconnect. I would have to shutdown the computer and start it back up for it to connect. I have Verizon DSL and use wireless internet. Also, on my connect symbol, it has an option to repair, and it always says to contact your ISP.

I called Verizon and they said the connection is fine and there might be something wrong with my computer. So I call HP and they say nothing seems to be wrong with my computer. So is there anything I can test for you so you can see why I get this problem?

The second problem is installing updates during shutdown. In the start menu, the Windows symbol is visible on the shutdown button saying install updates when shutdown. When I shutdown, 2 updates install. But when I turn it on the next time, those updates will still be ready to install. The shutdown button says install updates. I did this 4-5 times and they installed each time, and the next time I turn on the computer they would show up again.

The final problem is two updates not installing. It's an excel update and some other security update. I try to install them, but they always fail. The error code is 80070643. The weird thing is that I can't uncheck them so they don't install. They just stay there.

I called them up and they didn't help, so let me know what I can do to fix this.
Thanks guys.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

>>and recently been having some problems with it
Welcome to the club :)

>>I called Verizon and they said the connection is fine and there might be something wrong with my computer
That a common pass-the-buck answer. I get that too from my isp when something goes wrong.

Sorry but I don't know the answers to your problems.

Thanks, you know what I should do for the other problems?

Have you seen this regarding the update error?

If you're using a router for your wireless connection, check that it has the latest firmware installed. You could also try turning off windows' firewall.

I think I fixed the wireless connection problem.

As for the other two, I can't figure out how to fix them. I check the website Laser gave me and tried doing what it said, but the installation still failed.

Also, I shut down the computer, they installed the two updates, but now it still says I need to update.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.