When I browse I have a tendancy to use "open link in new window" often and let the new page load while clicking on the page in the background. Normally as soon as I click on the page, the new window is hidden behind the current page I'm on, but now the newly opened window won't go behind the page I click on. It will just stay there. Even if I click on the first page and hit the scroll wheel, the newly opened page stays over the page i'm trying to scroll. Any idea where i can find the setting to change this?

Oh I'm running windows XP, IE 6.0 service pack 2, thanks

When I browse I have a tendancy to use "open link in new window" often and let the new page load while clicking on the page in the background. Normally as soon as I click on the page, the new window is hidden behind the current page I'm on, but now the newly opened window won't go behind the page I click on. It will just stay there. Even if I click on the first page and hit the scroll wheel, the newly opened page stays over the page i'm trying to scroll. Any idea where i can find the setting to change this?

Oh I'm running windows XP, IE 6.0 service pack 2, thanks

did you find a solution to this? it is driving me crazy.

I believe what caused the issue was having the yahoo or google toolbar enabled. It seems when i had the yahoo bar on this was the only time i was experiancing the problem. This was awhile back, almost a year ago lol, and i haven't run it since and everything runs correctly.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.