I seem to have changed language some of the buttons are in greek! the folders and icons are ok the keyboard is ok just buttons e.g. when I shut down or right click a folder I can't read all the buttons? anyone have an idea how to get it right (win98)
I have just had to delete and replace shell32.dll due to a not being able to get on the net problem, as well as the language change I lost all program icons in the programs menu on the start menu. not a great problem just meens I have to make some copies and put them back.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks Dave

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You need to find the keyboard settings which are in the control panel.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply, I have looked at the keyboard settings and it is set to British uk

Dave

I seem to have changed language some of the buttons are in greek! the folders and icons are ok the keyboard is ok just buttons e.g. when I shut down or right click a folder I can't read all the buttons? anyone have an idea how to get it right (win98)
I have just had to delete and replace shell32.dll due to a not being able to get on the net problem, as well as the language change I lost all program icons in the programs menu on the start menu. not a great problem just meens I have to make some copies and put them back.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks Dave

I'd reckon you downloaded that file from the wrong place, friend! It's not Greek, by the way, it's a Scandinavian language by the looks of things. You should have simply run Setup off your Windows CD to install Windows over the top of itself. Might still work - try it ;)

Sounds like your right I tried to re-install windows over the top but it got part way and gave me an illegal function error!
Thanks Dave

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.