sorry to be a pain but i've tried constantly restarting IE and my PC but when i go to the flash player page on Adobe, i install it like mentioned and then it says "failed to install". i've done everything the website says to do to make sure it works but nothing. i really needed it installed to watch tv shows on the ITV web player. does anyone know why it doesn't want to install?

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Do you have a previous installation of flash? If you do, remove any previous versions from your computer. Then under the internet properties, delete all of your browsing history and add-ons. After this try to re-install. If you still can't after this, post what AV (Anti Virus) you are running. It may be your issue. Anyway, good luck and keep us up to date!

i do because i have adobe flash and i uninstalled the flash player but it still said the error.

What AV do you have? Also did you try deleting your history, etc?

i tried everything - system restore. i cant wipe the system cos i have so much stuff on here.

When you say you have tried everything, does that mean you have tried everything I mentioned? I am a bit confused about that. Also you have never posted what anti-virus you are running-this seems to be the culprit lately for plug ins and other downloads. You did say that you uninstalled the flash player, but did you also delete your history before you retried the install? Another thing you can try is to download the flash install on a flashdrive or portable harddrive. Then install it to your computer. Let me know if any of this works and also please post your AV!

i have AVG. yeh i did my internet options to delete all. i dont have a portable hard drive or flash drive.

If you can borrow a drive, or buy one ($10-$30 USD), this would allow you to do some control testing. Or you can burn it to a disk. I have not heard of AVG causing issues with flash, but that is not to say it could not happen. You might uninstall and reinstall your AVG. Then try to download flash....If this fails, I will come up with something else!!

well i had to install a new version of AVG but flash player was messing up before that. i cant afford to uninstall it.

i also cant afford to buy a drive and the fact no one i know has one.

So do you know anyone who has a cd-burner and a disk that they could use to burn it for you? What is your rights on the computer? If you are the owner, you should have administrative rights on the computer that would allow for the download. If your account does not have administrative rights, it will not allow the download......just something to check on, let me know what you find out!

sorry to be a pain but i've tried constantly restarting IE and my PC but when i go to the flash player page on Adobe, i install it like mentioned and then it says "failed to install". i've done everything the website says to do to make sure it works but nothing. i really needed it installed to watch tv shows on the ITV web player. does anyone know why it doesn't want to install?

If You are on IE x64 here:

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html

BETA Version of FLASH PLAYER FOR WIN7 X64!!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.