Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this question. If I need to I will cancel this and post it where you think it belongs.

I would like to know haw to rearrange the display of program icons that appear when I click "start" and move the cursor over the "all programs" item.

The icons (program names) are presently sorted by their creation date (as apps are added they are appended to the end of the list). I would like to change it to alphabetical. I googled the question but only found answers for the programs in the "start" menu which are already alphabetical.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

hover mouse over any icon in the all program list and right click and chose sort by name,if that doesn't work just hold down left mouse button on icon of choice and drag it to where you want it to be

Wow, I feel pretty stupid - this was sooo simple. Must have forgotten the right mouse button.

Thank you very much.

This site is awesome.

Wow, I feel pretty stupid - this was sooo simple. Must have forgotten the right mouse button.

Thank you very much.

This site is awesome.

your welcome ,
I wouldn't be here helping if there wasn't simple things to help with .lol

You may notice there are 2 sections to the All Programs list... top section starts with a few, select M$ shortcuts, but you can drag others into there to keep them at head of the queue, or remove any from there.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.