Hello,

I had to get another hard drive and format and put my Windows XP Home edition on it. Couldn't do it from my computer, because it would not boot from the CD so had to put in another and do it. Boots up fine on that computer. When I hook it back up to my computer, it loads up, the the Windows XP splash screen comes on real quick, then reboots, just keeps doing that.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Phil

Hello,

I had to get another hard drive and format and put my Windows XP Home edition on it. Couldn't do it from my computer, because it would not boot from the CD so had to put in another and do it. Boots up fine on that computer. When I hook it back up to my computer, it loads up, the the Windows XP splash screen comes on real quick, then reboots, just keeps doing that.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Phil

Hi fella
what do you mean it will not BOOt from the CD does the BIOS not give you that option? you should install the OS while the hard drive is hooked in your mobo for drivers to be detected.
??

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.