hi 2 u all im new2 this so plz be nice lol...........
anyway i have no sound i go in to divce mang and i see a yellow ? on Multimedia Audio Controller and when i tryed 2 reinstall it it comes up with cant cuz windows cant find folders and its doing my nut in i have tryed everything and getting no were so can you plzzzzzzzzz HELP ME im really am smashing my head in lol i also read up alot and i really hate reading but i no u need this

Operating System System Model
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600) Intel Corporation
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
2.40 gigahertz Intel Celeron
8 kilobyte primary memory cache
128 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: Intel Corporation D845GEBV2 AAA97674-107
Serial Number: ABBV34234644
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: Intel Corp. RG84510A.86A.0028.P15.0302260937 02/26/2003
Drives Memory Modules c,d
40.02 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
35.02 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

_NEC DVD_RW ND-3540A [CD-ROM drive]
HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8523B [CD-ROM drive]
3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

WDC WD400JB-00ETA0 [Hard drive] (40.02 GB) -- drive 0, s/n WD-WCAHL4301690, rev 77.07W77, SMART Status: Healthy 768 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'J6G1' has 512 MB
Slot 'J6G2' has 256 MB
Controllers Display
Standard floppy disk controller
Intel(R) 82801DB Ultra ATA Storage Controller - 24CB
Primary IDE Channel [Controller]
Secondary IDE Channel [Controller] RADEON 9600 SE Family (Microsoft Corporation) [Display adapter]
RADEON 9600 SE SEC Family (Microsoft Corporation) [Display adapter]
Hansol 15.7 [Monitor] (15.7"vis, November 2003)
Bus Adapters Multimedia
Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller - 24CD
Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C2
Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C4
Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C7 Unimodem Full-Duplex Audio Device

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

:'( just to let u peps no i will be on here most of 2 nite trying to fix this so plz hel me :'(

OK, first please try and do me the favor of using proper english in your responses since trying to help you solve computer problems without seeing the computer is difficult enough without trying to decipher what you are really trying to say.

Next What brand of computer is this you have or is it a custom build?

Is there a sound card or are your audio connections located on the motherboard?

Also my initial guess by looking at what you have posted is that you just need to go here:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Filter_Results.aspx?strTypes=all&ProductID=889&OSFullName=Windows*+XP+Home+Edition&lang=eng&strOSs=45&submit=Go%21

And install the ac 97 drivers from intel

well im sorry for my english frend but i cant help it if u get my meaning the make of my computer i dont no as it as no names on it and its my Multimmedia Audio Controller it has a yellow ? on it when i try to install it it comes up with can not install some files are missing if i give u the hole of what BELARC tells me would that help you more in helpping me plus i have tryed downloading from there b4 and it still didnt give me any sound so im stuck or im doing somthing wrong once again thanx 4 the help and sorry for my bad english its a learning problem!!!!!!!!!

ps its on the motherboard

A this point I need you to take the side panel off your computer and look at the motherboard. The board should have printed on it a manufacturer name - ASUS, INTEL, GIGABYTE, MSI..., I nee3d that brand name and the model of it which is also printed on the board

I'm trying to determine if this is a true Intel board in which case you should be able to remove the current divers for that component and install them from that website I linked to or if there is another place to send you.

Also when you downloaded and attempted install before what exactlly did it tell you?

OOOOOOOOOOOOO YES IT WORKED I LOVE YOU no need for the side panel bit frend its all back and u worked it all out with my bad english lol
you are THE KING OR QUEEN

I shell but this Threads as Solved soon as yo have posted back thank you so much i may have a face left no ithat i no longer have to smach it in the desk lol

Glad to be able to help you with this. Good luck to you in the future and remember don't ever smash that face too hard you may one day need it for something other than a hammer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.