Hi,

I have a Toshiba A105-s101 I tried to reformat and reinstall with the recovery disc. The recovery disc software said it was complete and then the system restarted. Since it restarted I have not been able to get an image to come up on the screen at all. No boot screens or anything. I can not figure out what the problem is so far. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

If you have an external monitor you might try hooking it up to see if you get an external display. Also you said nothing so I wonder if you get any BIOS screens or anything at all at at startup.

At startup I don't get any bios screens or anything either. I have tried to hook up a crt monitor and I get nothing. Running out of ideas ... lol. Thank you for your reply!

i have same problem (A105-s2719) , i tried to change lcd panel but nothing wrong with lcd panel . the problem was mainboard hmmm maybe lcd controler ...to be continued...

OK, at this point we can probably rule out the LCD as the primary cause of failure and the Inverter - the device that powers the high voltage lamp. The problem for both of you though is that the graphics card is integrated onto the motherboard in each of these models so you are essentially looking at a motherboard replacement.

Before assuming that try to remove all other components HD, Memory, Wireless Card, CD drive. All of these can be accessed from the bottom panel by undoing screws and pulling panels to get at then or just removing the retaining screw for the optical drive and pulling it out.

OK, at this point we can probably rule out the LCD as the primary cause of failure and the Inverter - the device that powers the high voltage lamp. The problem for both of you though is that the graphics card is integrated onto the motherboard in each of these models so you are essentially looking at a motherboard replacement.

Before assuming that try to remove all other components HD, Memory, Wireless Card, CD drive. All of these can be accessed from the bottom panel by undoing screws and pulling panels to get at then or just removing the retaining screw for the optical drive and pulling it out.

thanks for your quote:) ,actually the inverter is on but i cant see nothing (image) at all, im wondering with this case so i got another lcd on my toshiba M35 n i tried with this one... wow
the image appeared but the position was wrong :?:
then i tried to put a105 lcd on my M35 and the image appeared ! :idea:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.