hello to all!!
My girlfriend's laptop has Vista on it and she is very unhappy with it as am I. She has used my laptop with XP MCE on it with various tweaks and what not and agrees that it is an extremely better OS. Her laptop is a Dell Inspiron E1505 so I'm assuming that it wouldn't be too hard to get the XP drivers for it. I recently purchased XP Home to install on her computer but after reading a lot of threads and posts about The Downgrade, it seems that everyone's story is as unique as the individual. If anyone can help me with some step by step instructions I would be in debt to you...

Once again her laptop is a Dell Inspiron E1505 - Windows Vista Home Premium - 2GB RAM

Thanks to those that took the time to read/help!!!
Kilegoty

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

It depends on what exactly you need. If you don't care about saving files/settings I'd suggest a clean install.

:WARNING, THIS WILL ERASE ALL DATA, BACK UP ANYTHING YOU NEED TO KEEP OR USE A DIFFERENT GUIDE:
Put the CD in, boot from it, follow the on-screen directions, when it gets to picking a partition hit D to delete the one that's there and then create one in the free space, follow the rest of the onscreen directions and install XP drivers off the Dell website.
:WARNING, THIS WILL ERASE ALL DATA, BACK UP ANYTHING YOU NEED TO KEEP OR USE A DIFFERENT GUIDE:

thank you so much...
i have quite the amount of cd burning to do tonight so i can have everything backed up but
i just can't stand vista man
thank you very much for this and i hope it all works out!!
i'll come back to the thread with my results!
thanks again,
Kilegoty

You can also do what I did once --
1) unplug and then remove all cabels from the PC
2) open back door
3) toss pc out the door and watch it smash all over the concete patio. Ooooh what satisfaction :)

hahahah yeah i almost did that
then i realized that i cant let them win
living happily is the greatest revenge...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.