I had updated a webpage and on checking a new link to the same page later in the week found that the page was empty. On viewing the source I found some code refering to msnavigation no other content in the body of the page. I copied a backup version of the page over to the web to overwrite the page that was giving me trouble. I resaved the web and checked -same result no content. Refreshed the browser, still no changes -missing content.

I opend FP again and on checking found that although the page content is there in the Normal view, in HTML view there is no content. I have not encountered anything like this before and the only solution that can I think of is whether FP coud have got corrupted. Has anyone else any ideas as to how this can happen?

I think it is to do with adding a doctype to the page which I did so as to add a meta statement for emulating IE7. I' ll copy one of my pages and attempt to replicate the situation, and then get back to report whether that is the cause.

Geoff

I think it is to do with adding a doctype to the page which I did so as to add a meta statement for emulating IE7. I' ll copy one of my pages and attempt to replicate the situation, and then get back to report whether that is the cause.

Geoff

No I can't support that explanation. I can find a page with a doctype but that does display ok and uploads. At present, in Frontpage 2002 I have a page that displays it's content in Normal view -the page content is present. In HTML view there is no content, but there are three Body statements! code:

<html>

<head>
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 5.0">
<meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
<title>photo_survey_of_freshford_somerset</title>

<meta name="Microsoft Border" content="b, default">
</head> 
<body bgcolor="#FEFEEF">
<body>
<body></body>

</html>

A copy of the page uploaded to the website shows nothing except the background colour. I added the missing content using Notepad++ and marked the page in Frontpage 2002 as Don't upload. I used Wise-FTP5 to upload the amended page to my website. I am using Expression web 2 on new websites.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.