Hi,

After my PC was repaired due to a power failure. For some reasons, the antivrus software (Trend Micro's Internet Security) does not automatically restart itself. Usually, the icon would be at the taskbar, now it's missing and I have to manually find the icon under my Start - Program folder to activate it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hi ,I use Norton and not Trend micro ,but im sure there must be something in it settings /or options to set to auto protect or run at startup .

check in Start/Run /MSCONFIG/startup and see if whom ever fixted the computer unchecked it to keep it from running .

Hi,

I have followed your instructions. There was a check so it should work. However, it still does not appear at all. Any ideas?

Maybe I just have to delete the software and re-install it (I hate to do it as it will be a hassle).

Thanks.

Hi ,I use Norton and not Trend micro ,but im sure there must be something in it settings /or options to set to auto protect or run at startup .

check in Start/Run /MSCONFIG/startup and see if whom ever fixted the computer unchecked it to keep it from running .

TRy unchecking it reboot computer and go back in a check it again and reboot computer again ,see what happens

Thanks for suggesting that. I tried the earlier method suggested by CaperJack again. This time re-booting my PC to try and check and un-check the option. It
worked!!!!

:cheesy:

I don't use Trend Micro either, but when you open it there should be a Management Console or something similar where you can set it to show in the Task Tray. I don't know if this will help, but here is a link to the manual:
http://www.trendmicro.com/ftp/documentation/guides/pcc2005-qsg.pdf

It worked the second time round!!! Hooray!!!

Thanks CaperJack!!!

Problem SOLVED. :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.