My grandson played games online at Fox and after that my IE 6 browser was changed. Anytime I want to open a new window by holding down shift then clicking on the url I get a new window ok except I only get the top blue line with the document header information and the right three option boxes. I must right click the blue line and choose maximize to see the screen every time. I have Win. 98. I tried saving the browser and re-opening to change the browser settings without help. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!

Anytime I want to open a new window by holding down shift then clicking on the url I get a new window ok except I only get the top blue line with the document header information and the right three option boxes. I must right click the blue line and choose maximize to see the screen every time. I have Win. 98. I tried saving the browser and re-opening to change the browser settings without help.

I had a user with a similar problem a while back. This worked for him: http://www.theeldergeek.com/maximize_internet_explorer.htm

You may have to play around with this a little, but I have seen this technique do the trick more than once, for Win98 as well as XP.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.