Hi there!

Can someone help me about this win32 application. I'm trying to install google toolbar in ms internet explorer in Windows XP. Everytime I run the "google updater.exe" there's an error prompting "C:/Programs/google updater.exe is not a valid win32 application." Can someone help me for this?

Thanks in advance!

-=[ PJ ]=-

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi,
You most likely have a virus or malware, try running these:-

Verify Window’s Files

1. Go “START”, “RUN” type “CMD” Press “OK” or Boot PC into “safe mode with command prompt”
2. Type sfc /scannow /f (note:- space after sfc)
3. Windows file protection will check your files. Follow any prompts; you may be required to use your XP CD.
4. Re-boot your PC
On-line Virus Scan

Go to one or all of these sites and do an online virus scan.

housecall.trendmicro.com

security.symantec.com

us.mcafee.com/root/mfs/default.asp

Check Malware

Go to http://www.besttechie.net/tools/mbam-setup.exe
and download and run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

1. Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
2. Make sure you put a check in the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
3. If an update is found, let it download and instal.
4. Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
5. When the scan is complete, click OK, then click Show Results to view the results.
6. Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
7. When completed, a log will open.

Check Spyware

Go to www.safer-networking.org and download and run Spybot

Do you get a message that says a .dll ext file is missing while you get this error. If you do then download that .dll extension file from any free dll download sites and paste it in the system 32 folder in the windows folder on the C: drive.

IF ANY MORE HELP IS REQUIRED JUST LET ME KNOW.

try downloading the file again. ensure you download for the google link

Yep, the file has a corruption...it's from google. And even when it runs....

Thanks everyone who sent me reply regarding my problem. I have already install my google toolbar. I just download it again and set it up again, and it works...

thanks!!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.