hi when i first got this pc i bought a cheap digtial camera i tried removeing as ive updated to a better camera but i cant find photomvp/videomap/arcsoft products any place to delete this what shall i do as its takeiong up space i could use else where
also do i need a program called belarc advisor im so lost but thanx for the help in advance bj :sad:

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

have you tried going to my computer, C drive, and then under program files and looking for the folder there? If it is there open it up and see if it has its own uninstall thing. If it doesnt I would just delete the folder and delete all the shorcuts. Im not sure about the belarc advisor, but i dont think it would detect the hardware, but you can give it a shot, are you sure its still on there? maybe its just the shortcuts that are still there.

yes im sure its still there ive tried to delete the short cuts it tells me this will not remove the program ok im going to give this a try thanx so very much

ok i went to m c drive opened programs it says files are hidden keeps system work but i did find the folder and i delete it now its in my recycle bin tried to remeove short cuts still telling me to go to add remove geesh im so lost im i doing it wrong or should i remove this folder from recycle bin and will this get it off my drive to free up space thanx again for the help i have so many questions lol

yea, just empty the folder from your recycle bin and delete the shortcuts and remove them from the bin, it is going to tell you to remove from add/remove, but its all good, it should free up the space on your computer....now one more thing i would suggest is right clicking on the my computer icon, and then click properties from the list, after that click the device manager tab and see if there is something called, "imaging device"....not "monitors" leave that alone, if there is something called imaging device click the "+" and then right click whatever is under that and remove it, that should for sure remove it. I know that is alot to take in and if you need elaboration just tell me. Its cool, ask all the question you want.

ok went to short cuts and deleted and went to recycle bin and deleted everthing there also went to my computer right clicked found properites but could not find device manager all i saw was system restore auto updates remote general pc name hardware advance
so did i look in the right place
ok next question i downloaded mircosoft picture it experss well now i have 3 of them on my pc express 7.0
expressp and picture it express libary9
how many of these things do i need lol
good thing im going to take a class soon hey
also do u recomand takeing the xp2 i tried it but i lost my avg anti virues i just added spyware killer is this good or bad thanx again for the help

ok, now try this: control panel-->system-->device manager. That is another way to get to your device manager. The three picture express probably do different things, such as the picture express might be where you load your picture and the library is where the pictures are stored and such. Yes I do recommend getting XP service pack2, it has alot of extra security that service pack1 didnt have. If you dont already have it I would suggest buying Mcafee or nortan virus scan....you dont need the whole package of mcafee or norton seeing as SP2 provides you with a firewall. Thats about the size of it, good luck, and as always, dont be afraid to ask more questions ;)

ok im still lost i went to answer this last night hit reply by mistake so called it a night
i also went to control panel >system> but i have no device manager it just shows the same stuff on top system restore auto updates ect ect am i doing somthing wrong should i got o search and c if i can find this little device manager
will not my spykiller do the same thing as mcafee and if i install this do i need to take avg off, as i read u should not have 2 of a viruse killer thanx again for your help it sure is much appricated nothing like feeling so lost on a mchine lol

right, what windows are u using, win 95,98, etc...
yes u have to get rid of the other antivirus if u want to install a new antivirus.
its better to have only one antivirus at a time.
seeya

try AVG its free and works. Also yes running multiple AV's at one time, or having multiple installed could really F up the system. Dont try it.

help please i down loded xp2 since then i cant get into my yahoo account to answer my mail did i install this thing worong should i remove this update also i have address in my mail box i dont even know lol just what is this xp2 suppose to do thanx for the help

help please i down loded xp2 since then i cant get into my yahoo account to answer my mail did i install this thing worong should i remove this update also i have address in my mail box i dont even know lol just what is this xp2 suppose to do thanx for the help

You really should fix one problem at a time and stop downloading programs until you fix you first problem ,.
Device manager is in the Hardware section ,when you right click on mycomputer /properties/hardware /device manager !

hi when i first got this pc i bought a cheap digtial camera i tried removeing as ive updated to a better camera but i cant find photomvp/videomap/arcsoft products any place to delete this what shall i do as its takeiong up space i could use else where
also do i need a program called belarc advisor im so lost but thanx for the help in advance bj :sad:

you can do a search for photomvp in the windows explorer and delete all occurences of it doing this...then to make sure you have it out of the registry go to the run command on the start button and type regedit

this will take you to the registry editor..pull down under the edit pullddown menu and do the find command...type in your photomvp again this will display the occurences of this software in the registry..hit your delete key and delete the occurence of photomvp then you can hit F3 and find the next occurence of it...keep deleting them until F3 doesn't find anymore...be very careful and make sure you only delete the files named photomvp or else you could delete something important to your system and cause it to crash...
hope this helps!

thezukiman!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.