I have a newer model dell that is running XP with IE 6 on it. I did some system maintenance last night now I having some problems with IE.
I decided to do the maintenance because I noticed it was running slower than normal.
I ran Spybot and scrapped some adware.
I did a system clean up.
I updated and ran my AVG antivirus for good measure even though it just ran earlier in the day.
And I did a full defrag.

Long story short...after all of this I logged in this morning I got an errot message saying - wkscalole.dll is not a valid windows image.
And when I launched IE I couldn't enter any data into the data fields. Example - when I goto Google I can't enter anything into the search field. It isn't just Google, this happens for all sites.
I can by the way enter data into the address bar of IE and move from site to site. Also if I double click in the data field it will bring up past entries and allow me to select them.
I don't think the wkscal error is apart of this problem, but rather something wrong with the Works Calendar, but who knows.

Any help anyone can provide is appreciated.

Thanks.

Shane

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I have already looked into it and that is the course of action that I planned to take if I can't find a solution.
Heck that maybe the best way to go either way. I hear Mozilla is awesome.
I do have to find a fix pretty quickly though since I take online college courses and have to be online in these sessions on a regular basis.

Yeah my little brother takes online courses ....Your shit out of luck if your comp goes down.
Getting a new browser :4 minutes
Finding a answer to IE problems: Priceless

I was having a problem with IE6, text lag,scrolling problems,error messages. After weeks of trying to solve the problem last night I happened to get to this site and someone had the same problem I was having. Your advice took care of the problem. Somehow the (format document with my style sheet was checked) as soon as I unchecked this IE works fine. It is a big relief to finally find a forum with knowlegable people. Thank You

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.