Windows Xp service pack 2

I was surfing the web when all of the sudden my computer shut off for no
apperent reason and when i rebot it its says somthing like there may be an error in one of your disk drives (somthing amoung those lines) and press any key if you wish to skip this process well i didnt skip it it was a 3 stage process and on the secound stage i think it was called HDHSK verifying Somthing i forget and thenit delted to things that had the word hbored in them IS THIS A SERIOUS PROBLEM WHAT HAPPENED!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Windows Xp service pack 2

I was surfing the web when all of the sudden my computer shut off for no
apperent reason and when i rebot it its says somthing like there may be an error in one of your disk drives (somthing amoung those lines) and press any key if you wish to skip this process well i didnt skip it it was a 3 stage process and on the secound stage i think it was called HDHSK verifying Somthing i forget and thenit delted to things that had the word hbored in them IS THIS A SERIOUS PROBLEM WHAT HAPPENED!

Your page file is corrupted, delete it, or if you can launch in safe mode, do that and run scandisk (right click mycomputer go to advanced tab and click on preformance).

Good luck.

maybe that on ur harddisk u may have bad sectors or some corrupted file. do a scan disk also do ckeck for a possible virus

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.