:surprised

i can't figure out what has happened to my notepad, wordpad and ms word. it will no longer convert the html text i get. i come in i the coded form. i can read it but it is hard. this happens with notepad and wordpad. in MS word office 2004 i only get a icon which does nothing. i have win xp home editon with sp2.

can someone help me?

Thanks

Jim

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

it will no longer convert the html text i get. i come in i the coded form.

What exactly are you trying to do? With word/notepad, you can open .html-documents and edit the sourcetext, but what do you mean with "convert" ?

Michael

one program i have used has a error log. when i open it the message is in HTML i guess. it has html at top. it has a lot of dashes,arrows other codes markes. it use to open with the header of the company and the other in plain text.

thanks

Jim

Does the logfile have an .htm or .html at the end? Then you can open it with your browser. If it doesn't (.log or else), you could rename it to .html.

I didn't know that MS-Notepad/Wordpad could parse HTML????

Michael

yes it does. in the interner setup you have a choice of ms word or notepad to be the html editor. just can't understand why now it no longer works correctly. when you open the file it opens by default to notepad.

thanks

Jim

If you want to edit the file - use notepad.

If you want to view the file with the html-formatings:

Open your Browser and then drag&drop the file in the browsers window.

Michael

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.