I tried to boot my computer this morning and i got the dreaded blue screen with this message c000021a fatal system error I cant get into safe mode either, I also tried booting with windows xp cd but still no joy the disc loaded all the drivers but then stopped.
I would appreciate help

thanks

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I tried to boot my computer this morning and i got the dreaded blue screen with this message c000021a fatal system error I cant get into safe mode either, I also tried booting with windows xp cd but still no joy the disc loaded all the drivers but then stopped.
I would appreciate help

thanks

Sorry forgot to mention the computer is a Dell Dimension 1100 and i dont have the boot disk

Sorry forgot to mention the computer is a Dell Dimension 1100 and i dont have the boot disk

wel lyou said you tried loading with the winxp cd ,that is concidered a bootdisk ,boot to winxp cd and chose R for repair , 1 for you c:\ and enter when asks for password ,if it still looks for password then enter one if you did create one ,if not it should go to a prompt ,atthe prompt type in this without the quotes "chkdsk /f"

As far as I know ,there is something wrong
with the registry of his computer.

When a computer doesnot boot into normal
and safe mode, then it means there is something wrong with its registry.

Do you get this error messege with a blue screen when your computer passes the Welcome Screen or it gives this error messege with a blue screen just immediately after you boot your Computer?

Also answer the following questions:

1) Did you install SP on your Computer recently?

2) Did you try to restore your system from a backup?

Regards,

Safemode is pretty sage against registry upgrades, since it would have to be an error in the key for one of the handful of critical processes loaded in safemode.

This error message is caused by an error with Winlogon.exe or Csrss.exe. The standard fixes are 1. load "last good configuration" at the F8 menu. 2. If last good fails, do a repair installation or "in place" upgrade.

I get blue screen after welcome screen, i have no backup and i didnt install sp recently

Even me too had the same problem in Vista - Home basic (1 month ago), that is bcoz of hardware or software problem (not installed correctly). u restart for many times then it will come in to its SENSES and just reinstall the driver after the blue screen disappear ok.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.