Hi Guys,

I have Administrator rights to a Laptop running XP Home Edition and i need to use Regedit from another account on the same Laptop. How do I give access to use the Regedit to the other account from my Administrator account....

When I run the regedit from the other account it gives me a message saying "Administrator has disabled the Regedit function"

Thanks in advance ! ! ! ! !

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Heh.. you could run a script FROM that account: http://www.dougknox.com/security/scripts_desc/regtools.htm . It will require a restart.
Or you could load that User's hive [their NTUser.dat file] with regedit from YOUR account and edit the policy in this key:HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
Simplest is to give that ac temporary Admin rights.

Thank you gerbil ! ! ! I will try it now ....... Thanks again

i am guessing the user is a limited user account. otherwise if the user has administrative rights but still can not access this tool(regedit) then you could be having an issue with a virus infection. otherwise, if the user is a limited user you should access the group policy editor in the administrator account and allow the user to have the right to access regedit. you can access the group policy editor tool by typing gpedit.msc in the run dialog box. good luck.

He's running Home.... so no GPEdit to play with.... :(

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.