I'm using a asus p5gc-mx/1333 motherboard, and ive attempted to install the Realtek AC driver that i got from the packed driver, to no effect, ive tried to install it 3 times and I still don't have sound, ive already tried to download from asus site but still not working..
my speaker is working and it has sound when opening and during shutdown .. but when in my media player error message appear and it say device mixer missing....
at the moment im clueless as where to get the driver or how to get my sound to work. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks god bless and more power!!

My operating system is Windows XP professional , service pack 2

LOL lately, i delete it and uninstall it from device manager unfortunately when i reinstall the realtek in mboard cd an error appear during installation .. it says unable to install and some data is corrupted..

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

LOL lately, i delete it and uninstall it from device manager unfortunately when i reinstall the realtek in mboard cd an error appear during installation .. it says unable to install and some data is corrupted..

There is your problem, try to re install again, and after that, install and update all drivers.

ive been trying to install it for the whole day and still unable to install i also download the software from the ASUS WEBSITE for the latest software... it says upon installation
INSTALL REALTEK hd AUDIO FAILURE.... i even try sfc /scannow and services.msc in run at start still not working.. is there any way to get back my sound without formatting my hard disk and installing a new OS?

Do a clean install from your windows xp cd, by deleting the current windows partition, re-create a clean partition for the installation, and see how that goes.

Do a clean install from your windows xp cd, by deleting the current windows partition, re-create a clean partition for the installation, and see how that goes.

is there any way without reinstalling my OS?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.