I was reading a post how someone had problems putting in a video card. The solution was they did not plug their monitor into the new card. Me being full of my self thought wow that was dumb. So having problems with my sound on my computer. Messed with it for 2 weeks was ready to give up and just go buy a new card. The solution. The speaker jack was not fully plugged in. That will teach me to be smug. Now what is the dumbest thing you ever did?? Thought this may be fun........peace.......im out

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I was reading a post how someone had problems putting in a video card. The solution was they did not plug their monitor into the new card. Me being full of my self thought wow that was dumb. So having problems with my sound on my computer. Messed with it for 2 weeks was ready to give up and just go buy a new card. The solution. The speaker jack was not fully plugged in. That will teach me to be smug. Now what is the dumbest thing you ever did?? Thought this may be fun........peace.......im out

Read this post !LOL just kidding !!I don't do dumb things !
No really dumbest thing I ever did was in my early computing days ,on a win 3.11/486 with a 40meg HD ,in my attempt to free up space on the drive i deleted files ,thought it would be smart to delete files created on the day i was deleting them !After a reboot was when i first learned of a Swap file .! Everyone knows what had to be done next .

Bought a Compaq Presario.

the dumest thing i ever did was when i was fidelling inside my pc with it turned on attaching a 2 pin fan tail to a 4 pin molex, me being a bodger when i want used kit kat wrappers to make the connection, unfortunitly i slipped when doing this and shoted the circut and fried my hard drive which was a bugger also i made the mistake of buying a leadtek twin turbo gf fx 5900 which has the shittest cooling EVER!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.