Hey everyone, I have not really posted much on here. I usually just read threads. well enough about me here's my problem and specs:

I enable SLI from the NVIDIA Control Panel and its says I must restart for effect. So I hit "restart" and it reboots. During the reboot it goes passed bios and shows the loading bar for Vista, but once that disappears the screen stays blank.

To go back to single I booted from safe mode and uninstalled the video driver. I then installed the driver from the dell website since NVIDIA's website does not have that video card listed.

SPECS:

2.4GHz Intel Core2 Duo
3GB RAM
200 GB 7200rpm HD

NVIDIA GeForce 8700M GT
- Driver Date: 9/6/2007
- Driver Version: 7.15.11.5661

I believe this is all. The system has a fresh install of Vista Home Premium 32-bit.

Let me know what you guys think :)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Um, you cant have SLI?

You have a single 8700M in your laptop?

SLI needs 2 cards and (generally) doesnt work on laptops

Um, you cant have SLI?

You have a single 8700M in your laptop?

SLI needs 2 cards and (generally) doesnt work on laptops

Ah should of added that, It did come with 2 video cards.

Ah should of added that, It did come with 2 video cards.

I have the same machine with the dual 8700M cards.

If you wait (for a few minutes) the Vista logon screen does appear.

I thought the same as you that I had broken something when I enabled SLI, but there is a delay for some reason when you boot. Never looked any further as I boot and walk away and come back now.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.