I face problems with my usb ports and unfortunately, I can't use them. This time, I really have to make use of my webcam but I can't since none of them work. Either I have to buy a new laptop or try to find a webcam that works without usb. Does anyone know whether there is such a webcam? Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Why not just repair the usb ports, that should be the most economically thing to do?

How much does it cost to repair the usb ports? I have an HP laptop. Does it take a long time?

In a pc shop, it should not take more than one hour. Just phone your nearest pc shop to find out how much they wil charge you.

What you also should do is trying to establish why the usb is not working, it may be as simple as a loose cable. That you can almost fix yourself.

In a pc shop, it should not take more than one hour. Just phone your nearest pc shop to find out how much they wil charge you.

What you also should do is trying to establish why the usb is not working, it may be as simple as a loose cable. That you can almost fix yourself.

If the problem was on the usb, it would work on the others ports, but it doesn't. How can I establish it?

Try to put something else in any of the usb ports, like a memory stick or a usb mouse, and see if they work. If they work, then it means it's your web cam that is faulty, or your web cam software, if none are working in any usb ports, then it is your pc that is faulty.

Try to put something else in any of the usb ports, like a memory stick or a usb mouse, and see if they work. If they work, then it means it's your web cam that is faulty, or your web cam software, if none are working in any usb ports, then it is your pc that is faulty.

I've found on net that many people having Pavilion HP face the same problem with usb ports. One said that all of them stopped working at the same time...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.