I downloaded Free Video Converter application and when I try to open it I get this error message:

Please set Registry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NET Framework\InstallRoot to point to the .NET Framework install location

So apparently it requires .NET to run. I installed & uninstalled .NET a couple times attempting to resolve the problem but it didn't. Searched for answer online but haven't found definitive solution. I don't know how to "set Registry" well enough to attempt that.

Any ideas? Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

What OS you running?

I dont think that app supports any DOS based OS.

What OS you running?

I dont think that app supports any DOS based OS.

Windows Me. Strangely, Free Video Converter had worked on this pc last week even but I went out of town for 6 days (pc was turned off & not touched) and when I returned and booted half my desktop shortcuts were gone & basically it wouldn't do much so I had to restore w/ Norton Ghost from an image prior to installing FVC so what the hell is different now when I try to re-install it I don't know...

1) Missing desktop icons is probably work of desktop cleanup wizard that removes unused icons

2) If you're talking about .NET Framework 3.0, then you need to install Microsoft XML Paper Specification Essentials Pack before you install .NET Framework 3.0. That should be available via regular windows update.
.NET Frameworks are optional download, which means that you will need to visit windows update site in order to download them, plus you will not have .NET 3.0 available there. Only 1.1 and 2.0.
For the 3.0 you will need to visit Microsoft download center.

I think .NET 3.5 includes them all

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.