Morning everybody. my question seemed simple but i have been trying (unsuccessfuly) for day's to solve it .
i have a message in red saying my javascipt is disabled/limited fincionality only. i have lost search function/restore function. and i can't access my emails.i have googled this and recieved load's of advice.but they all seem to come down to .a variation of.
tools/options/security/custom level/scripting/enable.
the problem is whatever i try ,java is enabled. can somebody ,
PLEASE HELP.i am tearing my hair out (and i dont have a lot).
thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

... why is this thread marked as solved?

How did you solve it?

i joined this web site this week .i posted a question,now i find it as been marked solved .thank you for your help.
frankytee.

i joined this web site this week .i posted a question,now i find it as been marked solved .thank you for your help.
frankytee.

You mean you solved it already? Ok. :-)

i came on this web site thinking i could get genuine help .
within minutes of posting a question you mark it solved and forget about it .and i have still got a problem.i have one more question.
how do i unsubscribe from this useless site.

i came on this web site thinking i could get genuine help .
within minutes of posting a question you mark it solved and forget about it .and i have still got a problem.i have one more question.

No one can mark the thread solved except for the person who made it... so you marked it yourself. (unless your cat snuck-in and played with the mouse while you looked away)

That's why no one paid much attention to your topic. They already thought it was solved. Not to mention your description wasn't very clear to start with. This is a community, not a customer-service-center. Perhaps you can keep that in mind next time you join a similar community.

Anyway, here are instructions on how to unsubscribe:

A. The Nice Way
1. At the very top of this site, beside the Daniweb logo is an image link to the control panel. Click that.
2. A pop-up menu with lots of options will.. uhm.. pop-up. Choose the one that says subscribed threads.
3. You will get a list of the threads/topics you're subscribed too. Just check the topics (or all of the checkboxes) and scroll down to the bottom of the list.
4. In the drop down labeled: Selected threads, choose Delete subscription.
5. Enjoy your clean inbox.

B. The I'm-Pissed-Off-and-Never-Coming-Back Way
1. Find a popular thread.
2. Post a load of crap. Or a more frustrated and pissed-off version of:

3. The more emphasis on crap, the better.
4. Sit back and wait for one of the moderators to catch your post.
5. Enjoy your clean inbox.

There you go. =) You can pick whichever way you want.

> i came on this web site thinking i could get genuine help .

...which most people here get, really.

> within minutes of posting a question you mark it solved and
> forget about it

Only a moderator or the one who posted the thread can mark the thread as solved.

> how do i unsubscribe from this useless site.

AFAIK, just stop visiting the site and all your woes will be gone.

But as a concluding note, I hope you do realize that the question you posted has got absolutely *nothing* to do with Javascript programming; something this forum is meant for. Instead of trying to understand why your query was not resolved you blame the forum for not providing proper help? If you can't be patient and modest when receiving *free* help, I am sorry to say that you would be returned the same attitude on almost every message board out there.

BTW, this seems to be a browser issue which can be easily fixed by posting in a proper sub-forum or getting a different browser like Firefox 3 to see if the problem really persists. For the time being I am marking this thread as unsolved and moving it to an appropriate sub-forum.

Im sorry you feel this way....

I like this site,i help members who come here and have issues,etc :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.