Hi all

I am using Windows xp service pack 2. I have 3 user name using. how to set right to one user data`s can`t displayed another user.. Plz help me

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

In the Start Menu:

1. Right-click on the My Documents folder and choose Properties.
2. Then at the top there are 3 tabs: Target, General, and Sharing. Choose sharing.
3. Check the box that says "Make this folder private"

Note that this will only hide all files in your My Documents folder. The files in your desktop can be accessed by other users with admin accounts.

The files in your desktop can be accessed by other users with admin accounts.

just as a tip ,you should never store files on your desktop ,reason ,if the desktop file becomes corrupt you will lose all the files

just as a tip ,you should never store files on your desktop ,reason ,if the desktop file becomes corrupt you will lose all the files

Wow... I didn't know that... Why, is there a greater chance that the desktop files will be corrupted instead of the My Documents folder?

the desktop is only a file[desktop.ini] created to store each users identity and shortcut icons ,preference/settings ,and i had mine become corrupt once and was luck i didn't store file there .and there are viruse and other nasties that can affect the desktop.ini file and also something in regards ti the size the file can get ! or something like that

Eep!
I have a lot of files in my desktop... it's more accessible than the other folders. Plus firefox automatically downloads stuff to the desktop. =( Thanks for the tip!

this is what i do ,i find it best to create a folder[call it aadownloads so its first in the list, easier to find ] in the mydocuments folder ,create a shortcut on the desktop to it !
edit firefox to download to the aadownloads folder .simple as that .
to edit firefox just go tools/options/main/ in download area ,browse and direct it to the aadownloads folder in mydocs .

commented: thanks for the interesting tip ('unsolicited' advice? hehe) +2

:icon_eek:

Cool.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.