I got WinZip (from their site) and it came infected with an adware that I have not been able to get rid of no matter how much advice I follow. Therefore, when I got wind of this site, where one can download stuff to try it out, I decided to first 86 it. Do you guys know a site called
SnapFiles? Found at:
http://www.webattack.com/

Is the stuff they have there safe to download? Or can anyone tell me of a CLEAN place where things will not come loaded with vermin? Is Major Geeks safe?
Thank you very much! ;)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I myself use CoffeeCup extractor. As far as adware..Go to ADD/Remove Programs and look for it there..If no luck..Go to start, click RUN and type regedit and click OK. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and click the + sign, click on SOFTWARE and look for a program you don't use or know what it is. If you don't know what it is Google it and find out. If you find the Adware in there delete it. Then go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_USERS and do the same. ******WARNING****** If you have never edited a registry or have no idea what I am talking about ask someone to help you.

Thank you guys! I'll try out your advice.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.