Hello guys.. So, the thing is that i keep reseting my hotmail and facebook password cause it keeps telling me almost day by day that the password i type is wrong.. So i reset it.. I have done that about 10-15 times these days.
Does this mean my hotmail and facebook account are being hacked? or do i have somekind of virus..?
Btw i have that problem only in these two sites..
Also the day that this started in my facebook account in the application "Texas hold'em poker" someone took all my chips, about 2 mil.. And also during these days someone posted with my facebook account a comment in a friend's wall and he asked her what's her adress and postal code..
So i believe this all started with facebook..
The thing is how do they keep finding the new passwords?
It's a huge problem for me mostly for my hotmail account cause i own it for many many years.. :(
Anybody know what am i supposed to do?
I'll try anything so that i won't lose my mail account at least..

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

What browser are you using?
How strong are you setting your passwords????

Just need to do some process of elimination...

Cohen

What browser are you using?
How strong are you setting your passwords????

Just need to do some process of elimination...

Cohen

The browser i use is Mozilla Firefox 3.0.7.
and the passwords are set as strong..

What do you think i can do?
Oh and btw i had the same issue again in both hotmail and facebook and seen AGAIN that they stole the chips from my facebook account... Very lame if that's what they're after..

The browser i use is Mozilla Firefox 3.0.7.
and the passwords are set as strong..

What do you think i can do?
Oh and btw i had the same issue again in both hotmail and facebook and seen AGAIN that they stole the chips from my facebook account... Very lame if that's what they're after..

this is very weird... there could be many things doing this... i'm thinking that there could be a virus, and it's a typing tracker.....

otherwise i have NO idea what could be going on.....

Cohen

this is very weird... there could be many things doing this... i'm thinking that there could be a virus, and it's a typing tracker.....

otherwise i have NO idea what could be going on.....

Cohen

I have SYMANTEC ANTIVIRUS CORPORATE EDITION v10.1.6.6000 , also from spyware programms i have Ad-aware 2007 and HijackThis v2.0.0.2. and ATF-Cleaner.. I had Search and Destroy Spybot too but i uninstalled it at some point..
Windows XP Professional v2002, Service pack 3..

I've heard it again about this kind of virus you said.. Is there any antivirus which could eliminate this problem? What would you suggest?

I have SYMANTEC ANTIVIRUS CORPORATE EDITION v10.1.6.6000 , also from spyware programms i have Ad-aware 2007 and HijackThis v2.0.0.2. and ATF-Cleaner.. I had Search and Destroy Spybot too but i uninstalled it at some point..
Windows XP Professional v2002, Service pack 3..

I've heard it again about this kind of virus you said.. Is there any antivirus which could eliminate this problem? What would you suggest?

Try this.

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.

• Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad.

Good Luck,

Cohen

before trying to log in using Firefox try IE. If it works then its a browser settings problem. If it deosnt then Ill be questioning the security settings in your account.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.