How do you make a loggout sceen say PLEASE INSERT CARD OR PRES CNTL+ALT+DELETE TO LOGIN. On my computer its just the regular loged out screen for Windows Vista.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

How do you make a loggout sceen say PLEASE INSERT CARD OR PRES CNTL+ALT+DELETE TO LOGIN. On my computer its just the regular loged out screen for Windows Vista.

And I almost forgot to mension I want it to make the computer logged in when I inseret a memory drive in it.

You need to set it up to use smartcards and request control-alt-del via local security policy and the users/groups management console

This is only easialy available on business or ultimate, it requires a bit more tinkering to get it to work on home

I have the ultimate version.

So, How do you do it???

Are you attached to a domain, or not? And if so are you planning to authenticate against a server, or locally?

you got Sp1?

sp1 (i could upgrade to sp2 if necicery) :)

Okay, for control alt-del you have to type NetplWiz.exe inro Run.

Go to the advanced tab and check the checkbox at the bottom.

Alternatively:

type MMC into run. Add the snapin for local security policy and navigate to:

Local Computer Policy\Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options\Interactive logon

You may also want to add the MMC snapin for Local Userss and Groups as i think there is some smartcard options in there as well as under the Local Security Policy somewhere , not 100% sure about smartcards under vista as ive only ever used it under XP Pro in a domain environment (in fact im not even 100% sure if you authenticate smartcards locally, on xp it only supports validating against a kerberos server)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.