whenever i install norton 2009 ...

then a dialog box appear to reboot computer..

but when i reboot my computer it doesnot get started n i open my computer in safe mode n uninstall the norton then computer gets restarted properly....

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Norton is a pig
useless
bloated
slow to update
and should only be used by people you dont like

Ditto

Norton is a pig
useless
bloated
slow to update
and should only be used by people you dont like

Pretty much explains everything. Such a bulky program, and Avg (being free), is a lot more helpful, smaller, and catches a lot more. Microsoft has such "smart" workers, yet they recommend such a crappy program. Doesn't make any sense.

Agreed with 'Norton is bulk', but the 2009 version is still a great improvement over the previous versions, but I would recommend using another AV, AVG is a good one, but AVIRA AntiVir is currently getting high marks from AV-Comparatives and it's also free, it's only a matter of choice ...

(If you want to pay I would go for NOD32 !!)

avg has become a hog too on some computers ,with not enough ram/cpu

However, I assume his computer is powerful enough to run AVG, as he's installing Norton on it ...

Actually you could check if your computer can run any AV, just try Norton, if that works, the other AVs will also work ...;)

whenever i install norton 2009 ...

then a dialog box appear to reboot computer..

but when i reboot my computer it doesnot get started n i open my computer in safe mode n uninstall the norton then computer gets restarted properly....

I agree with 'ALL' above comments but if u have paid for the norton 09 and still wanna install it then i feel the reason for that situation maybe bcoz ur having another antivirus or 'security' program installed which is clashing during startup with norton...Uninstall any other antivirus, firewall,etc (The ones that run with the memory and not programs like hijackthis, Spybot,etc.) and try reinstalling norton..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.