I used to use Windows Media Player (version 10) to rip my CDs, so I set the Tools/Options for ripping in WMP to "rip inserted CD." I now use other software for ripping, so I have turned this feature off in WMP.
However, WMP does not recognise this. Whenever I insert a CD, WMP opens and starts to rip it, meaning that I have to close it down every time.
Anyone had this bug before?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I used to use Windows Media Player (version 10) to rip my CDs, so I set the Tools/Options for ripping in WMP to "rip inserted CD." I now use other software for ripping, so I have turned this feature off in WMP.
However, WMP does not recognise this. Whenever I insert a CD, WMP opens and starts to rip it, meaning that I have to close it down every time.
Anyone had this bug before?

Have you tried ,going to mycomputer .right click on the cdrom /properties/ayto play ,in the drop down list choose music cd and check off to take no action .!!:)

If you're using Windows Vista, go to Control Panel, and use the Auto-Play there. Do as he said, set things to Take No Action, and it'll fix things. :3

Hi,
Try, open "WMP" click the small down arrow in the "RIP" tab, select "More options", uncheck "Rip CD when inserted"

If you're using Windows Vista, go to Control Panel, and use the Auto-Play there. Do as he said, set things to Take No Action, and it'll fix things. :3

Hi,
Try, open "WMP" click the small down arrow in the "RIP" tab, select "More options", uncheck "Rip CD when inserted"

Try finding Vista when the OP posted guys :icon_rolleyes:

12-02-05, 7:51 pm

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.