upgraded from millenium to xp; cd player does not work

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Does the drive not even recognize or just the cd player software not working?

I had a similar issue, apparently when I upgraded from ME to XP, it tried to keep the cd drivers for 98/ME :evil:

As a result I had to remove the cd drive from the device manager and let windows re-detect it, most drivers should be there :rolleyes:

Gah! I just stumbled upon this thread! This wasn't me. Apparently I was signed onto DaniWeb on the laptop at work, and my mom posted under my name! Moms are like that ;)

Gah! I just stumbled upon this thread! This wasn't me. Apparently I was signed onto DaniWeb on the laptop at work, and my mom posted under my name! Moms are like that ;)

suuurree ;)

upgraded from millenium to xp; cd player does not work

check drivers... possibly firmware for updates.

Dani... c'mon... Too afraid to admit you were using ME?

Dani... c'mon... Too afraid to admit you were using ME?

!! she's using YOU!!! b..b...but..i thought she was using ME!!!?!?!?!??!? NOOOOO!O!O!O!O!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.