I would like to know if there is a 1,2,3 backup solution for OS and the programs on it so that if you had to, reinstall windows, upgrade windows you could just load the backup and resume your regular work ? Even if you upgrade Windows from ? I'm looking for some suggestions or maybe the 1,2,3 solution so one can back up everything and know there data can be restored with ease if it's a program or a physical drive or both?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

True Image can backup your OS and programs and even though you upgrade your OS you can still restore all your programs onto the new OS ?

I like AceBackup if you're looking for a free solution but if you want absolute simplicity and don't mind paying a bit Google NTI Shadow

I use CloneZilla Live CD. It's free, and I run it once a week. If my machine runs into problems, I can just restore from backup and pickup right where the backup left off.

To save space when making an image as Vista being such a pig, I even turn off memory dump and clear my restore points & temp files (cache) before making a backup, though I admit there is some risk involved with that.

I mitigate that risk by placing all of my data (documents, photos, etc) on an old PC running Samba, which is backed up separately, and only use CloneZilla to make a snapshot of my OS and Programs (no data).

True Image can backup your OS and programs and even though you upgrade your OS you can still restore all your programs onto the new OS ?

For that purpose I actually would recommend you using Genie Backup ...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.