Hi there,
Thanks for reading my problem. I work in a internet cafe. My owner told me to make CD for each PC for recovery. Like if any computer have any problem than he wants to use that CD for recovery. In easy explanation:
Step 1: Problem happened with computer/Does not start (Any way)
Step 2: Insert the boot CD/DVD (I will have to make it)
Step 3: Restore the Computer/Done.

Now my question is that how can I make a bootable CD/DVD ? All PCs use Windows XP.

Thanks in advance.

Zulfiker.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi there,
Thanks for reading my problem. I work in a internet cafe. My owner told me to make CD for each PC for recovery. Like if any computer have any problem than he wants to use that CD for recovery. In easy explanation:
Step 1: Problem happened with computer/Does not start (Any way)
Step 2: Insert the boot CD/DVD (I will have to make it)
Step 3: Restore the Computer/Done.

Now my question is that how can I make a bootable CD/DVD ? All PCs use Windows XP.

Thanks in advance.

Zulfiker.

hi ,you need 3rd party software ,like Norton Ghost ,or some other ,there are many out there .
http://www.symantec.com/norton/ghost

Hi there ,
Thanks for your reply. I tried to use Norton Ghost 14.0 but it takes ages...like my hard drive is 80GB in one partition...and it copies all of the size in network drive. And I cant make this in a DVD. So which ghost version do I need to use for that?

Thanks again and waiting for your reply.
Zulfiker.

Hi there ,
Thanks for your reply. I tried to use Norton Ghost 14.0 but it takes ages...like my hard drive is 80GB in one partition...and it copies all of the size in network drive. And I cant make this in a DVD. So which ghost version do I need to use for that?

Thanks again and waiting for your reply.
Zulfiker.

don't know actually ,its been 5 yrs since i used ghost ,and only ever used it the once ,You have a 80 gig drive but its not full is it ,it only need to copy the OS and programs and any data on the drive,
i have a ghost image of win98 with programs on a cd,and winxp with lots of program on a dvd ,so it can be done !
in you cafe setting im sure there is not that much on the 80gig drive!
you need to make sure to clean the computer of any temp files and other crap on them before ghosting them , CCleaner is a good program for that !

Any way thanks buddy...will give a shot tomorrow..thanks bye

Any way thanks buddy...will give a shot tomorrow..thanks bye

your welcome !

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.