When i try to load windows update site, i get google .com instead. I tried working around this but to no avail. Also i downloaded Firefox and tried to access it there, but instead i get "can't find windows update on this server. can anyone help?

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

Hello,

What is your OS Vista or XP?

Have you tried using the windows update from the start menu?

I am using XP pro sp2

Hello,

What is your OS Vista or XP?

For now you can download updates from Here until your problem is solved.

If you are after updating to service pack 3 try This.

You'll be better off trying to update using IE as windows update uses ActiveX.

Yes, nothing seems to work
Funny thing is the web address is correct in the browser, but it shows google.com on the screen

Have you tried using the windows update from the start menu?

For now you can download updates from Here until your problem is solved.

If you are after updating to service pack 3 try This.

You'll be better off trying to update using IE as windows update uses ActiveX.

I tried the links, but when i clicked on the download sp3 button i got this: The requested URL /microsoftupdate/ was not found on this server.

Yes, nothing seems to work
Funny thing is the web address is correct in the browser, but it shows google.com on the screen

Have you run a virus scan?

Try opening command prompt and type ping google.com and try ping microsoft.com .

Have you run a virus scan?

Try opening command prompt and type ping google.com and try ping microsoft.com .

i pinged yahoo......that was fine, but i pinged microsoft.com and got REQUEST TIMED OUT 4 times: packets sent = 4: recieved = 0:
lost = 4 (100% loss)

i pinged yahoo......that was fine, but i pinged microsoft.com and got REQUEST TIMED OUT 4 times: packets sent = 4: recieved = 0:
lost = 4 (100% loss)

yes, virus scan picked up nothing

Have you tried navigating to Microsoft using IE.

Have you got automatic updates on?

yes.....and yes.

yes.....and yes.

Have you tried navigating to Microsoft using IE.

Have you got automatic updates on?

Have you any problems with other websites?

Do you have hotmail? if you do try logging in. That is a service from microsoft.

It seems strange that microsoft things are blocked.

Have you any problems with other websites?

Do you have hotmail? if you do try logging in. That is a service from microsoft.

It seems strange that microsoft things are blocked.

yes i can access hotmail, the only problem i have is trying to update my computer.

yes i can access hotmail, the only problem i have is trying to update my computer.

I just tried accessing a site and i go this message:
can't establish a connection to the server at g.live.com

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.