Hey folks,

I am facing a really weird issue.
I have a HP tx2622nr laptop running Vista Home Premium.
3 GB RAM
AMD X2 RM-70 processor
The problem I am facing is that, my browsers do not work. I have no clue when I lost it. I use Chrome predominantly. Some day IE stopped working and soon after Firefox was gone too. In the sense, the browsers will not go to any website. Now comes the weird problem. There is no problem with my internet connection or router or anything related to the net connection, because, all my IM clients still work just fine[YM, GTalk, Skype, MSN].

I don't have a clue of what to do :(. I have checked the firewall and all. I run Windows Firewall. When I Restore my system to an old date, Chrome alone works but only the first time as soon as I open the browser after restore. If I close the window and open it again, its gone :(. Just some added information, all other applications[TweetDeck] or any other new anti-spyware will not connect either.

PLEASE HELP ME!!! I DONT WANT TO FORMAT OR REINSTALL VISTA.

Try running some anti virius software.
AVG is ok
NOD 32 is great
even Norton.

See if your browsers have been hijacked.

Microsoft do offer an IE repair tool
maybe if you cant access it then maybe download it at a friends ?
and put on memory stick ?

i had the IE trouble with it not opening last week until i used the repair tool . once it has run will require restart :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.